Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology 2017
30 January 2017 to 31 January 2017Location Details
Maximising Maritime Situational Awareness Capabilities for the Safety and Protection of International Waters
Gold Sponsor: PAE
Sponsored by: exactEarth, Horizon Technologies, Pole Star Global, Sentient Vision Systems, Kongsberg Satellite Services, Orbcomm, DeepOcean Engineering and MDA Systems.
After last year’s huge success the SMi Group is proud to announce the 2nd Maritime Reconnaissance and Surveillance Technology. The event will be held in Rome on the 30th and 31st of January 2017.
Based on the success of the 2016 conference, we aim to replicate and improve by providing a more regional focus, not just on the Mediterranean, but other areas of interest including the Black Sea and further beyond in the Asia Pacific region. All of which have keen collective interest on ensuring the safety and security of legitimate maritime activities.
This high level meeting will bring together senior military leadership, project decision makers, technical experts and cutting edge industry solution providers to explore future endeavours that will enhance the security and stability of the world’s oceans.
The 2017 programme will:
• Provide a wider regional focus outside of the Mediterranean where challenges are also persistent
• Feature high ranking military personnel involved with the enhancement of maritime surveillance platforms and systems
• Present a running theme on the importance of information sharing as operations are increasingly conducted at an international level
• Include Informal networking time to talk to peers and colleagues also shaping and influencing Maritime ISR programs today
• Allow learning on how other nations are developing their maritime surveillance and reconnaissance provision from past experience and cutting edge research and development
• Get to the heart of challenges faced by modern maritime forces such as capability gaps and what requirements they now have
HOST NATION KEYNOTE SPEAKERS:
• Rear Admiral Giovanbattista Raimondi, Chief of C4 and Security Department, Italian Navy
• Rear Admiral Nicola Carlone, Chief of Operations, Italian Coast Guard
REGIONAL EXPERT SPEAKERS:
• Rear Admiral Enrico Credendino, EU Navfor Med Operation Commander, EU Naval Force
• Commodore William Ellis, Commander CTF-67, US Naval Forces Europe
• Captain Jan De Beurme, Chief of Staff, Belgian Navy
• Captain Fernando Angelo, Director, Navy Intelligence Analysis Centre, Portuguese Navy
• Wing Commander Richard Berry, P-8 Poseidon Program Manager, Royal Air Force
• Commander Michael Sela, Head of C5I Branch in the R&D department, Israeli Navy
• Commander Hannes Schroeder-Lanz, Branch Chief C4ISR, Germany Navy
• Guy Thomas, Director, C-SIGMA
• Gerard O’Flynn, Head of SAR Ops, Irish Coast Guard
• Leendert Bal, Head of Department C Operations, European Maritime Safety
• Joachim Beckh, Technical Working Group Chair, MARSUR
• Vice Admiral (Ret’d) Peter Hudson, Former Commander, NATO MARCOM
HOW TO REGISTER:
Register online at: www.maritime-recon.com/keypub or email Justin Predescu on
- Rome, Italy
Please note that Events are subject to change or cancellation. Please be advised to contact organisers to check that the event you wish to attend is still taking place as advertised.