News: Video: F-35A’s first AMRAAM release
By Gary Parsons on 23 October 2012, 10:48
Lockheed Martin’s F-35A has completed the type’s first aerial weapons release of an AIM-120 AMRAAM.
October 23: Hot on the heels of last week’s first JDAM drop, Lockheed Martin’s F-35A test aircraft AF-01 has completed the type’s first aerial weapons release of an AIM-120 AMRAAM (Advanced Medium-Range Air-to-Air Missile).
US Air Force pilot Major Matthew Phillips completed the test on October 19 over the China Lake test range. This was the second in-flight weapons release in three days for AF-01 as it had completed the release of a 2,000lb (900kg) GBU-31 BLU-109 Joint Direct Attack Munition (JDAM) on October 16.
- Last Operational CH-46E Squadron Becomes MV-22B Unit 14 Oct 2014
- US Navy Plans to Order G550 CAEW for Range Support Mission 14 Oct 2014
- Peruvian Navy Acquiring All Five RNZAF SH-2G(NZ) Seasprites 14 Oct 2014
- Saudi Arabian National Guard Orders 12 UH-60Ms 21 Aug 2014
- USAF Grounds 82 F-16Ds Due to Structural Cracks 21 Aug 2014