News: No MiGs for Syria
By Gary Parsons on 28 October 2010, 10:51
Syria won't get the MiG-31, says Russia.
October 28: Russian news agency RIA Novosti reports that the state-run arms exporter Rosoboronexport has confirmed there is no contract to supply MiG-31 Foxhound fighter jets to Syria.
"The existence of a contract on the delivery of MiG-31 interceptors to Syria is a journalistic hoax," said Rosoboronexport General Director Anatoly Isaykin at the Euronaval 2010 exhibition in Paris.
- Last Operational CH-46E Squadron Becomes MV-22B Unit 14 Oct 2014
- US Navy Plans to Order G550 CAEW for Range Support Mission 14 Oct 2014
- Peruvian Navy Acquiring All Five RNZAF SH-2G(NZ) Seasprites 14 Oct 2014
- Saudi Arabian National Guard Orders 12 UH-60Ms 21 Aug 2014
- USAF Grounds 82 F-16Ds Due to Structural Cracks 21 Aug 2014