News: Jordan to buy AH-6is
By Gary Parsons on 14 May 2010, 10:34
The Jordanian government has signed a letter of intent with Boeing to buy the AH-6i.
May 14: New agency AFP reports that the Jordanian government has signed a letter of intent with Boeing to buy AH-6i light attack and reconnaissance helicopters.
The AH-6is would be used to enhance border security. As yet the number to be purchased has not been decided, and no timescale has been set for conclusion of negotiations, although the report hints the Royal Jordanian Air Force may replace its fleet of AH-1 Cobras, of which it operates half a dozen examples at Zarqa Air Base.
- Last Operational CH-46E Squadron Becomes MV-22B Unit 14 Oct 2014
- US Navy Plans to Order G550 CAEW for Range Support Mission 14 Oct 2014
- Peruvian Navy Acquiring All Five RNZAF SH-2G(NZ) Seasprites 14 Oct 2014
- Saudi Arabian National Guard Orders 12 UH-60Ms 21 Aug 2014
- USAF Grounds 82 F-16Ds Due to Structural Cracks 21 Aug 2014