News: Picture: RAAF C-17 conducts paratroop trials
By Gary Parsons on 23 April 2010, 08:53
The RAAF has conducted the first paratroop trials with the C-17 outside of the USA.
April 22: Members of the Australian Army's No. 176 (Air Dispatch) Squadron have been delivered by a Royal Australian Air Force C-17A Globemaster III to Rickaby's Drop Zone, near RAAF Base Richmond in New South Wales in a series of multiple jumps on April 21.
It is believed to be the first paratroop trials with the C-17 outside of the USA. The RAAF’s No.36 Squadron operates four C-17A Globemaster IIIs, each of which can carry up to 102 paratroops.
Filed Under: News
UPDATED: RAF Typhoons grounded with ash found in engineNext
More F-15Ks for RoKAF
- Last Operational CH-46E Squadron Becomes MV-22B Unit 14 Oct 2014
- US Navy Plans to Order G550 CAEW for Range Support Mission 14 Oct 2014
- Peruvian Navy Acquiring All Five RNZAF SH-2G(NZ) Seasprites 14 Oct 2014
- Saudi Arabian National Guard Orders 12 UH-60Ms 21 Aug 2014
- USAF Grounds 82 F-16Ds Due to Structural Cracks 21 Aug 2014